We invite you to become a member of the Clan MacRae Society of North America.
You qualify for membership if you, your spouse, or one of your ancestors bear any of the accepted spellings listed on this page. If your name is not listed, please contact our President, Bruce McRae, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: For those names beginning with "Mac," accepted spellings also include names beginning with Mc, Mach, Mack, Ma, M' or without the Mac entirely, such as Rae. Also, different capitalization is accepted. For example, both "MacRae" and "Macrae" are acceptable. For more information, read this article on Spelling Variations in Scottish Names by Roderick MacRae and Faye E. Moore.
The source for these accepted spellings is Scots Kith and Kin, HarperCollins Publishers, Revised edition, 1989.
When you join the Clan MacRae Society of North America, you'll enjoy these benefits:
- A Membership Card
- Sgurr Uaran, our newsletter which is mailed or emailed three times a year
- Access to our Genealogist's assistance
- Access to our DNA Project expert's assistance
- Eligibility to nominate Officers or become an Officer yourself
- Help with promoting Clan MacRae in your region
Dues and Membership Levels
There are several categories of annual or lifetime membership available as follows:
Individual / Family Membership (newsletter for immediate family only)
Student (under age 21)
Lifetime: up to age 61
Lifetime: age 62 to 69
Lifetime: age 70 and over
$30.00 mailed / $25.00 emailed
$15.00 mailed / $10.00 emailed
$200.00 or more
$600.00 (one time fee paid for life)
$400.00 (one time fee paid for life)
$200.00 (one time fee paid for life)
For those members who join through an annual membership, renewal notices by email are sent the first week of January each year. Payment of dues must be received by the end of February in order to stay active. For those new members who join during the months of September through December, your new membership covers not only those months, but the next year also.
How to Apply for Membership
Alternate option - to apply and pay for membership by mail please follow instructions below:
- Click the link below to display a printer-friendly application form in a different window.
- Print the form.
- Complete the form.
- Write a check for the membership level you checked on the application form.
- Mail the application and your check to the address on the application form.